• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Covid found in Mink (1 Viewer)

Spanish Mink farm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53439263

Wouldn't it be great if fur coats were carriers.....................

They think they are in a manner of speaking- ;) 100,000 farm minks to be destroyed (put out of their misery). When are we going to learn that keeping animals in intensively farmed conditions or wet markets etc are petri dishes for all sorts of pathogens harmful to human health.

Sounds like a great opportunity to ban all breeding and importation of live specimens of American Mink in(to) Europe. Don't understand why they haven't done this already, given its status as a menace to the native fauna.

Sounds like a great opportunity to ban all breeding and importation of live specimens of American Mink in(to) Europe. Don't understand why they haven't done this already, given its status as a menace to the native fauna.

Since when has the fate of native fauna entered the equation when there's a buck to be made? But yes, hopefully this will reduce the acceptability of the industry.

Fur farms are absolutely disgusting and I would never wear fur, I never have and I never will. The fur trade needs banning once and for all. The poor animals which are held at these farms go through hell.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back