Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Goa in June?

Old Monday 16th April 2018, 13:29   #1
Trystan

Goa in June?

I find myself between jobs in June and want to get in a birding holiday, however, with no income during this period, I need to be sensible about the budget.

Goa seems to me a good balance between cost and number of species, however, in June it is monsoon season, so has anybody any experience of birding there during this time, is it worth it, or are there any recommendations for other destinations for similar cost/species ratio (not Gambia as I've already done this).

Thanks in advance.

World total (IOC) 2088 Iberian chiffchaff ; UK total 342 Iberian chiffchaff; Yorkshire total 293 Lesser yellowlegs
Old Thursday 26th April 2018, 07:14   #2
johnraven

Goa is seriously wet in June. A friend who over summered there says it is not good.
How about further north, in the Himalayas? There are heaps of birds. India is a lovely country and generally very safe.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: