Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Kowa BDII-XD - september 2019

Old Monday 28th October 2019, 12:37   #326
mwhogue
BF Supporter 2019

RB,

No trouble at all and thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed our exchange.

Mike

BF Supporter 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 30th October 2019, 14:35   #327
iri

Hi. I am new here, but I read all about this serie of Kowa. Thanks to all who did writes about that. I believe that I will buy a 6,5 or 8. That's what I founded today on allbinos
https://www.allbinos.com/177.1-artic..._hands-on.html

Last edited by iri : Wednesday 30th October 2019 at 15:06.
Old Sunday 10th November 2019, 17:13   #328
Brink

I got the 8x32 of these yesterday and have been trying them out today, largely in comparison to my 8x30 m7. The Kowa has a nice sturdy feel and the large eyecups fit me well. They are brighter and sharper than the m7 with a wider FOV. They show some glare, but less so than the m7. They show quite a bit of CA outside of the sweet spot (which is modestly sized), which I found a bit distracting. The m7s are definitely better in this regard, although CA is essentially absent in the sweet spot of both. There is some 'rolling ball' due to field curvature on the edges, but it's not bad and didn't bother me at all.

If not for the CA, I would call these perfect. Instead they represent a good value buy, probably a better purchase than the m7s if the ergonomics suit you. If you are particularly averse to CA I would probably look elsewhere, at least for the 8x32 pair.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: