• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue rock thrush (1 Viewer)

Atricapilla

Still Wandering
This lovely female turned up in my garden the other day(thrush of course!!)
I would like to think it was the same one as last year but who knows,just nice to see them around.

Attachments

• BLUE ROCK THRUSH FEMALE.jpg
    BLUE ROCK THRUSH FEMALE.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 154
bobwoodcock said:
This lovely female turned up in my garden the other day(thrush of course!!)
I would like to think it was the same one as last year but who knows,just nice to see them around.

Beauty bird, Bob. Would have made a good (not too hard) mystery photo. Nice one.

John.

john barclay said:
Beauty bird, Bob. Would have made a good (not too hard) mystery photo. Nice one.

John.
Yes John I did'nt think of that.
I just wish she would bring the male with her next time.!

bobwoodcock said:
I just wish she would bring the male with her next time.!

The males are indeed good lookers. Are they winter only visitors to Turkey? I have seen therm in several parts of Greece and Italy and thought they were resident.

Last edited:
joannechattaway said:
The males are indeed good lookers. Are they winter only visitors to Turkey? I have seen therm in several parts of Greece and Italy and thought they were resident.
I have just been checking Joanne,and I have only seen them in September ,then they usually arrive in the garden in January(early this year)until March!!But the books say they are resident!
It's strange I never see the males in the garden,and it's the same with the Rb shrike,Woodchat shrike,Whitethroat,Be wheatear and Black redstart.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back