Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Illustrated Talks - 'Kingfishers - up close & personal'

Old Tuesday 18th October 2011, 20:42   #1
JeffH

Illustrated Talks - 'Kingfishers - up close & personal'

As some BF members may know, I have had a keen interest in Kingfishers for several years now and have spent many, many hours studying and photographing them at nest sites and elsewhere.

For me, two of the golden rules of wildlife photography are – the wellbeing of the subject must always come first and know your subject.

With the latter in mind, if there are any East Anglian BF members who want to learn more about Kingfishers you may perhaps be interested in attending one of my series of Illustrated Talks entitled “Kingfishers – up close & personal” featuring some 160 of my own photographs and illustrating virtually every aspect of the unique lifestyle of these beautiful and fascinating birds.

Over the coming months I’m presenting 7 of these talks for the following organisations throughout the region:-

• Fri. 28 October 2011 (7.30pm) - Royston & Saffron Walden Association of National Trust Members - at Royston, Herts
• Wed. 2 November 2011 (7.30pm) - Kedington Garden Society - at Kedington, Suffolk
• Thurs. 10 November 2011 (7.45pm) - Colchester Local RSPB Group - at Colchester, Essex
• Tues. 6 December 2011 (2.30pm) - West Suffolk Association of National Trust Members - at Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
• Tues. 10th January 2012 (7.30pm) - Friends of Welney - at Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) Welney Wetland Centre, Norfolk
• Thurs. 12th January 2012 (7.30pm) - Huntingdonshire Fauna & Flora Society - at Huntingdon
• Fri. 17th February 2012 (7.45pm) - Ely Wildlife Trust Group - at Ely, Cambs

I understand that all of these organisations welcome non-members on payment of a small fee but, if you wish to attend, do please contact me beforehand on 07966 465775 for venue details, etc.

I’ve already given this talk to a number of Natural History Societies, Bird Clubs and other groups up and down the country and here’s some of the feedback I’ve had:-

"Wow ! We saw kingfishers as we have never seen them for ourselves.......... All this was delivered in a beautifully constructed talk, with clear delivery and excellent humour. Hornby Countryside Society"
• "Jeff, Thank you for your talk last night at The Preston Society. I do not patronise, but you seem to have got it just right, with a good mix of information and humour. Good luck."
• "Jeff, Thanks for coming to talk at Fylde Bird Club last night, a fantastic talk with images to match. Would thoroughly recommend this Kingfishers talk to anyone, you will not be disappointed! Thanks again Jeff, I hope you will come and talk to us again soon."
• "I attended the Stort Valley RSPB meeting where you gave a talk on kingfishers. I would like to say how much I enjoyed the evening and thank you for giving such an informative talk. I also found the taxidermy kingfisher fascinating. Thank you once again"
• "......Jeff is one of the best speakers we have ever had......" Hertford Association of National Trust Members

I hope some of you may be able to attend.

Thanks

Jeff
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: