• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice on Hen Harriers (1 Viewer)

Hello there.

The in-law and myself are currently trying to tick off as many raptors as we can in our local patches of Northumberland before venturing further afield. The Hen Harrier up to now is doing a fine job alluding us, we've heard many a whisper from locals that they've been seen here and there but nothing as yet. Recently got told they are sometimes seen around the cresswell pond and acklington area but after a few long stakes outs.....nothing.

Has anyone on here got any ideas for where would be a good place to venture to next?

Thanks

No one in their right mind will answer this either privately or publicly. The persecution risk is astronomical and not worth it.

Yeh thought that might be the case. We use this site quite regularly to follow bird sightings, he wouldn't would believe me that this would be the reply, now I have the proof to show him.

Thanks Ratal, a job well done for me

Langholm in the borders is the only place that will be mentioned for watching Hen Harriers. Any locations in Northumberland will be kept secret for very good reasons.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back