• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Kashmir (1 Viewer)

CyberDoc

Vagrant Birder
I live in the beautiful Kashmir Valley which can best described as a emerald set in diamonds, with the emerald representing the lush, fertile Kashmir Valley and diamonds for the lofty himalayan peaks that encircle it. Kashmir is a home to a rich biodiversity which includes a large number of birds species, many of which are unique to Kashmir. Kashmir is also visited by endangered migratory birds like the black-necked cranes. My interest in birds has been rekindled by my growing-up sons and I have put up a list of birds of Kashmir at my website www.kashmirnetwork.com and plan to develop it further into a more detailed birder-resource. Nature Photography and the Ecology of the region are my other hobbies in whatever time I can get off from my professional job as a doctor working in Kashmirs busiest hospital.

Regards.

CyberDoc.

Hi CyberDoc, and welcome to the forum. Hope you'll soon find time to show some of your photos in the Gallery - the Kashmir Valley sounds wonderful!

Hi CyberDoc,

A hearty welcome! Have put your site in my favorites and hope to see it's further development. I am sure many Western birders would love to go to Kashmir but have been hindered by political motives. Hopefully, there can be a return to peace and security soon.

Cyberdoc, here's a warm welcome from everyone on staff at Birdforum! We're delighted to have a member from your part of the world.

I hope you'll consider joining in our GGBsC III: the Great Global Bird Species Count on the last weekend in May. We've not had a participant from your region and a report from you, no matter how large or small, would be most welcome. You can find full details in the "GGBsC III: Rules and Registration" post in the Member's Notice Board.

Hope you enjoy your time on the forums!

Hi Cyberdoc,

I went to Kashmir about 15 years ago and it is indeed a beautiful place. I hope to return again some day.

Steve

Welcome aboard, CyberDoc. I too look forward to learning new things from you and your part of this fascinating world........ :t:

tracker

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back