• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 8x20 HG DCF-only one found. (1 Viewer)

Dr Manjeet Singh

Dr.Manjeet Singh
Last week i had gone to K.L.(malaysia) and only bins i could find was the nikonHG DCF any one around who can let me know about this bins.Should i look for other brands-help :-C

Dr Manjeet Singh said:
Last week i had gone to K.L.(malaysia) and only bins i could find was the nikonHG DCF any one around who can let me know about this bins.Should i look for other brands-help :-C

So in the whole city of Kuala Lumpur you only found one binocular? Something does not fit here. The 8x20 HG DCF is a very fine instrument, but are you sure that you want such a small binocular? They may be useless in dark jungle, because of their small lenses. An 8x32 of some sort may be more appropriate.

Otto McDiesel said:
So in the whole city of Kuala Lumpur you only found one binocular? Something does not fit here. The 8x20 HG DCF is a very fine instrument, but are you sure that you want such a small binocular? They may be useless in dark jungle, because of their small lenses. An 8x32 of some sort may be more appropriate.
YES i could not believe when he said that it was the only one left and gave me a few tel. to call and they said the same thing-but i didnt believe them and i couldnt get the tel.no for nikon sales but i am still trying but i have no exprience in buying a bin if you could tell me what will be good to buy in our hot humid and wet climate i will be thankfull-nowdays the sales people are not very helpfull i have noticed this. Awaiting your reply and by then i would have got the nikon tel.no and then i could order one.THANK YOU. :C

Maybe you are best making a visit to Singapore. But if you are going to buy Nikons, 8X32 EII's are relatively cheap in the far east...don;t know how they'd fare in a humid climate though, as they are not waterproof

Steve

steverowe said:
Maybe you are best making a visit to Singapore. But if you are going to buy Nikons, 8X32 EII's are relatively cheap in the far east...don;t know how they'd fare in a humid climate though, as they are not waterproof

Steve
Thank you-I just recived a fax from nikon distb. in K.L.they faxed me two types of bins 1.12x32-stabileyes 2. 16x32the prices are resnb.but which will suit me here-advice- :h?: Regards(if not i will take a trip to Singapore.)

The Nikon 8x20 HG DCFs are fantastic binoculars in the compact/pocket size class. Possibly the best in that category in my view. They will serve you very well.

I use mine most days in the UK to work my patch in work where I spend 20 minutes each morning. If I am out birding for the day however, I switch to my Nikon 8x32 HG DCFs. These are much more comfortable to use for a day's birding than the compacts.

It depends I guess on what sort of birding you do and how comfortable you are with compact/pocket size bins. If you're out for the day, get a larger pair, if you just want them for the odd hour out, the 8x20 would be great in my view.

Dr Manjeet Singh said:

An 8x20 glass is small and hence can be taken along with you when a normal sized glass is impractical. I certainly would not recommend it for general birding due to the small objectives which leads to dim images in all but good light, and small exit pupils, which leads to an uncomfortable view. It's a fantastic little binocular though.

Leif

Manjeet I'm slightly confused as to your requirement.

If you are a pocket bin then go for the Nikon HGL 8x20 by all means but if you are not bothered by size go for something bigger like the 8x32HGL which is waterproof etc

Leif said:
An 8x20 glass is small and hence can be taken along with you when a normal sized glass is impractical. I certainly would not recommend it for general birding due to the small objectives which leads to dim images in all but good light, and small exit pupils, which leads to an uncomfortable view. It's a fantastic little binocular though.

Leif
THANK YOU ALL for advice and support my time is limited due to my proff.Thus can only go birding every two weeks-i am blessed with a country which has seas and jungles i live in town (Port Swettenham-old name )now it diveded into klang and Port klang.THANKS A MILLION
B :)

Dr Manjeet Singh said:
THANK YOU ALL for advice and support my time is limited due to my proff.Thus can only go birding every two weeks-i am blessed with a country which has seas and jungles i live in town (Port Swettenham-old name )now it diveded into klang and Port klang.THANKS A MILLION
B :)

Hello Manjeet,

Got back from four weeks in Malaysia at the end of July. Sabah, visited friends, got adopted as part of my wifes old Peace Corps family, saw great birds. Wonderful time.

I think your country's greatest blessing is her people!

thanks jim !

by the way, i got the same responsed to regarding the product from Nikon in malaysia.

i was planned to buy the fieldscope ED82 angled but then have to wait for a month to be ship from japan !

same goes to the binocular ...

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back