• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds We See In Florida (1 Viewer)

Did she get it off in the end?

She sure did!
It's a reoccurring problem though with all the oak trees I have. It is a hoot watching them try to get the leaves off but they somehow get it done!
She actually came up to me as if to ask for my help but her mate chased her off. The males will come up to me with no problem but they won't let the females. It's funny.

I remember seeing a lot of Rosette Spoonbills and as a joke when we were in Disney World my family would point at Donald Duck for me.

Looking For Breakfast
Many people believe owls are strictly nocturnal. But this beautiful Barred Owl was actively hunting yesterday morning at 9:00 AM and was kind enough to allow me a few good shots before it decided to fly off.
And here's a funny tip that isn't very well-known: If you are watching or photographing Barred Owls and it relieves itself (defecates), it will fly very shortly thereafter (usually within 3-10 seconds). So get your camera ready for some possibly great take-off & flight shots!

Attachments

• Looking For Breakfast (3776D500).jpg
    Looking For Breakfast (3776D500).jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 5
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back