• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler i.d. from Doi Inthanon, Thailand (1 Viewer)

noble-lite

Hi

The image was taken on 10 Dec 2019 at Doi Inthanon in Thailand. Any suggestions please ?

Attachments

• FF7R0949.jpg
    FF7R0949.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 88
I suspect not - they are not mine, but a friend who was with me and a small group - as they would have been with the original. Sorry. Did you have any thoughts from what can be seen ?

My first impression was Hume's Leaf Warbler, based on the broad supercilium, broad lower wingbar with a suggestion of a partial dark border and short tail. The bill, although mostly dark, looks rather long, however, and the crown contrastingly dark. A rear view showing the tertials would have been helpful. Did you hear or record any calls?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back