• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon EF 2X ll Extender With Borg 76ED (1 Viewer)

Question Regarding Canon EF 2X ll Extender With Borg 76ED

Have just tried using a new Canon 2x Extender with my Canon 450D and Borg 76ED scope.(f:6.6 500mm FL) The camera will not take a photo. It shows err 1 Communications between the camera and lens is faulty,please clean lens contacts. My Kenko 1.4x Teleconverter works fine.
Has anyone else struck this problem? Should I be taping the pins on the Extender? or have I a dud Canon Extender.

Many thanks |=)|

Last edited:
I would tape the pins on the converter and it should work absolutely fine. On my Kenko Pro 300 1.4X I get the same error on the 450D.

Paul.

Thanks Paul. Is it only the 3 pins that need to be taped? I have the same 1.4x Kenko as you do, but it works fine on my 450D without needing to tape the pins. |=)|

I'm not sure but I just put a piece of tape across all of them on the side that touches the camera. You could try the 3 pins and see what happens.

Paul.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back