• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Will this hurt the birds? (1 Viewer)

Bruce B

Birdaholic
I remounted my feeder and I had to put some screws down through the seed tray. Then I got worried that the birds might hurt their bills on the screw heads. I got them as flush as I could but they still might contact them. I know birds feed off concrete driveways so I'm guessing they won't hurt themselves on the screw heads. Does it look okay (see attached). This might be a really stupid question but I definitely don't want to do anything that could injure the birds. The seed does normally cover the screws. I moved it aside to show the screws in the picture. There are two screws on two sides of the feeder.

Thanks,

Bruce

Attachments

• feeder1.jpg
    feeder1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 169
  • feeder2.jpg
    feeder2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 161
I am no expert but can't see any reason to think it could hurt them, I would have done the same thing. BTW that is some feeder!!

Mick

It's just a wally world special (wal-mart hasn't invaded the UK yet have they?). I had it hanging but I didn't like it that way. I may put a wood one on top of that post soon. It would be a lot easier to mount a wooden one up there. I'll see how it goes for a while though. I just don't want to do something stupid that could damage a birds bill. :eat:

Bruce

Bruce B said:
This might be a really stupid question but I definitely don't want to do anything that could injure the birds.

Never is it a stupid question is the desire is to avoid harm to our feathered friends. Looked at your photos and I wouldn't worry - seems highly unlikely anything untoward could happen :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back