• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lug style connectors for EL FP Bins (1 Viewer)

How does that work? Someone here recently recommended it to me, but all I see is thin hard shock cord. What cushions your neck, especially if just worn as a neck strap? How large a bino do you use it on?

Tenex

Chill66/Chuck is a big fan of the RY Harness and i believe he swears by it all the way up to 10x50 (maybe beyond?--can't recall). I love mine but so far only use it on up to 8x32 but will try it on larger bins myself. It is so easy to put on and adjust that I only very rarely use it as a neck strap for casual viewing in the yard without a problem. Many report it is more comfortable than they thought it would be and I agree based on extensive use.

Yes, I even disliked their previous attempt at an easy-adjust strap which still comes on SLCs. I never do that, it would be too much trouble to get it back as I wanted it again, and there are loose plastic ends that can blow around in the wind and other hard projections to damage things in transit. I had to buy another strap. At least the current cases are more sensible compared to their weird bloated predecessors.

Agree about the new swaro accessories - mostly don't like them or use them. Except I like the new objective covers. However, I much prefer the old hard rain guard and the old case which can be very useful.

The old cases are oversized but that means you can if you like use the 42 case for 10x50, the 32 case for 8.5 x42 and the CL case for 32s. Carrying around the waist without putting the belt thru your belt loops allows the bins to be easily shifted 360 degrees around your body to transfer weight and bulk to ideal position as you negotiate changing terrain. The clamshell double zip design allows for reasonably safe carry in a partially open position without rainguard, objective covers or neck strap using only the swaro hand strap for instant minimalist deployment. Even when downsizing the case, you can also use a full size neck strap and lens covers with this method. This also has the advantage of carrying the weight of larger binoculars lower on your body. A very under-appreciated carry method in my experience and a shame Swarovski has discontinued the case.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back