• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird on nest live webcam... (1 Viewer)

Muphasta,

Can you tell us why there was a small toy soldier and now a card, with ice cream printed on it, on top of the wind chime. It's got my curiosity wondering about it!!

Thanks....

I kept getting asked what size the nest is. So, I figured that most people knew how big the plastic toy soldiers were so I popped one up there for a size comparison. On a particularly windy day, the soldier blew off so I took him in and cleaned him up since he was covered in poo.

The card is actually a decal that is about 1.5" by 1.5" so that again is to show how big the nest is.

In case you missed it, my baby birds fledged yesterday. I was lucky enough to be recording at that moment so if you wish, you can follow the link above and select the latest video and watch them depart. Don't blink! it happens between 1:03 and 1:08 on the video.

In case you missed it, my baby birds fledged yesterday. I was lucky enough to be recording at that moment so if you wish, you can follow the link above and select the latest video and watch them depart. Don't blink! it happens between 1:03 and 1:08 on the video.

Thank you so much for the video stream. I've enjoyed watching it every day!

Are mama and the fledglings staying in your yard and coming to flowers/feeders --- so that you can continue to watch them?

Thank you so much for the video stream. I've enjoyed watching it every day!

Are mama and the fledglings staying in your yard and coming to flowers/feeders --- so that you can continue to watch them?

I'm not sure if they are sticking around or not. Lots of flowers in bloom so plenty to keep them here right now.

I can't tell what birds are around though.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back