• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Info needed on cleaning the garden under the feeder (1 Viewer)

Shelly928

Hello all! Anyone know how I should clean the ground under my feeder. I am waiting to lay my new mulch until I know what to spray or sprinkle down to clean it out. I have a net but a lot of debris under it from before I bought the net. I was thinking of just shoveling out everything under throwing it in a contractor bag and putting new mulch down but I read something about garden cleanse powder to sprinkle. Not sure what that does exactly but I want to sanitize the ground if possible.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I personally would take a different approach and not use any products that need spraying or sprinkling. I would remove the top 2 inches or so of soil around the area I wanted to clean, maybe more if the ground was still "stinky". Then I'd replace the topsoil (or whatever is preferred in the location but definitely not gravel because it's be a nightmare to clean up)) with fresh. One could concrete around the base for easy future cleaning. The debris that I removed I would mix into the compost heap and once well rotted - put it on my veggies - yum ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back