• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Places to see nesting seabirds (1 Viewer)

Peadar_

Wales
Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there is anywhere near me (Shoreham, West Sussex) where I could find nesting seabirds? I'm not too interested in Herring Gulls using buildings, but rather other seabirds or waders nesting in more natural locations.

Many thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,
The Sussex Ornithological trust have a good website that lists sightings and they also organise outings, see www.sos.org.uk
I think Seaford has nesting Kittiwakes and Fulmars on the Head but I'd recommend you check the site I mention.
Pagham Harbour has terns and some wader species nesting (Ringed Plover for example) but it's late July so you've missed most of the action for this year I fear.
Cheers

Richard
PS Welcome to Birdforum!

Last edited:
Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there is anywhere near me (Shoreham, West Sussex) where I could find nesting seabirds? I'm not too interested in Herring Gulls using buildings, but rather other seabirds or waders nesting in more natural locations.

Many thanks,
Peter

You may find that people are cagey about giving our such info, it's your first post and with respect, how do we know you're not an egg collector?

A

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back