• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GM Salmon (1 Viewer)

"The federal agency said that other facilities for
growing the salmon would require separate
approvals. It also noted that it did not assess how
the salmon would affect the environment in Panama
and Canada, only in the United States."
Oh how American of us....it's all about us, ain't it?

"The federal agency said that other facilities for
growing the salmon would require separate
approvals. It also noted that it did not assess how
the salmon would affect the environment in Panama
and Canada, only in the United States."
Oh how American of us....it's all about us, ain't it?

No, unfortunately it isn't...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20845401

This one cannot even get through evn in its own country without special circumstances but some people actually believe it is still a good idea to push it through - somehow! I am sure it would not take me long to uncover a British xenophobic conservation story too if I wanted to - 'those damned oiks (not oycs, BTW) and Johnny Foreigners never know their place'. What amazes me about power is how everyone automatically thinks it is a road to knowledge that leads to inviolate decisions and the rest of us have to buy it all. Remember we are all speaking from democratic countries too, what must it be like under a dictatorship?

OK, enough of the rant but it does boggle the mind at how many decisions like this go through that we are supposed to just accept even though we did not vote for them. We then spend years trying to get at least a vote or a review and in so many cases it is just ignored. Here in the UK Blair and then Cameron promised a greener outlook and I believe Obama promised a similar direction in the USA but truth be told none of it gets done even though we tried to keep the anti-greens out of power.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back