• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow-throated Laughingthrush's breeding season (1 Viewer)

tongmenxiu

In April, Yellow-throated Laughingthrush come to the breeding place near the village from the hidding mountain
It's breeding season now!

Attachments

• Yellow-throated Laughingthrush.JPG
    Yellow-throated Laughingthrush.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 76
  • Yellow-throated Laughingthrush (2).JPG
    Yellow-throated Laughingthrush (2).JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Yellow-throated Laughingthrush (4).JPG
    Yellow-throated Laughingthrush (4).JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 66
Hi Tongmenxiu

Great news. Thanks for posting this.

I will be in Shanghai next week. How easy is it to get from there to the village you mention?

Welcome to Birdforum Tongmenxiu,

Great looking birds, guess they will be appearing in Chinese Currents very soon!

Sorry, photos took in 2009 when i as a Coordinator of HKBWS Yellow-throated Laughingthrush's conservationn program. I will share other photos later.
They will come in the end of April, and left in middle July. Next week maybe a little early

Doesn't matter when these were taken - its always great to see pix of one of my favourite birds!

Tongmenxiu: Can you give us any details of how many birds were counted last breeding season?

Cheers
Mike

Doesn't matter when these were taken - its always great to see pix of one of my favourite birds!

Tongmenxiu: Can you give us any details of how many birds were counted last breeding season?

Cheers
Mike

280+, maybe more than 300

but they didnt come to the breeding place this year.

Hi Tongmenxiu - what lovely photos of a beautiful bird.:clap:

We don't have any pictures of this Laughingthrush in the Gallery and I wondered if you could upload them there as well?

D

They arrived breeding in 4.21, alittle later than last year.

To jeff: YTL is in Jiangxi Province,you can take overnight train,then by bus.

Hi Tongmenxiu

Great news. Thanks for posting this.

I will be in Shanghai next week. How easy is it to get from there to the village you mention?

Shi jin

The Beijing bird watching society plan to bird in WuYuan for Yellow-throated Laughingthrush and Pied falconet in mid June. Welcome to join us.

Xiao Ming

Shi jin

The Beijing bird watching society plan to bird in WuYuan for Yellow-throated Laughingthrush and Pied falconet in mid June. Welcome to join us.

Xiao Ming

According to the plan, we'll go to the place at the Dragon boat festival, that is, June 14 to June 16.

Last year I went there about the same time, quite hot but still good for birding.

Latest News
two groups of YTL(about 110) didn't appear at the breeding place as expected,Other groups was 2 weeks late this year. They find new breeding places? Or disappear?

My friend's pic of this year.

Attachments

• “IMG_2070”.jpg
    “IMG_2070”.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back