• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

most aggressive gull? minus GBB and glaucous (1 Viewer)

candidpets

we know gbb gulls specially will fight falcons and even goshawks off their kills when on the ground and attack osprays in their air force them to drop their catch.

Abnormal levels of aggression.

But other than these 2 giants plus the pallas gull (GBHG) is there any super aggressive gulls?

The american herrring gull seems larger and more aggressive than its euro counter part? here they attack pigeons daily and slaughter them in the mall parking lot.

I heard kelp gulls attack whales even from news reports

any other gull equipped to do serious damage like the 2 other above?

we see lbb gulls victimized and herring gulls also victimized a lot by hawks, falcons and skuas but makes me wonder I think these gulls are weak, young, sick to be so easily taken out?

I never seen kelp gulls taken by hawks or skuas. I actually seen them attack large skuas. We see skuas taking gulls as well but have to wonder if these are sick weak or young. JUst like they take grey herons. I can't imagine a skua taking a grey heron but reports say they do? The herons must be at a serious disadvantage when it occurs.

Last edited:
Alan you are from the falklands you probably have some amazing experience? I would love to hear about the turkey vultures, caracara, and giant albatross? It seems to be the new galapagos for birders?

Reading through threads people talk a lot of western gulls being very nasty when banding them compared to other gulls. But i have helped rescue other species they all bite nasty.

Last edited:
I think the answer was already established many times that it was the Great Black Backed Gull. I have no idea if Glaucous Gull or Pallas Gull kill ducks, rabbits etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back