• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica 77 (1 Viewer)

spuggyhawk

A little advice needed please.

A friend of mine has asked me to sell a leica EP for him. He tells me it is for a Leica77, a model that he says was stopped being made 5 to 6 years ago.
So a couple of questions...
Is the 77 discontinued?
would this EP fit present Leica models?

The EP is a 20 to 60 zoom, with the markings " Leica camera 2048750" on it and is in hardly used condition.

I would be gratefull of any info/advice regarding this EP.

Thanks in advance
Jon

Hi Spuggy,
The Leica 77 has been discontinued and the 20-60x does not fit the new models. Your zoom is still pretty sought after and, if you can find one of the now very limited new stock, they are going for £350. Does it have the locking pin on it? If not, then it won't make top, top money.

Hope this is helpful?

LL

Len is right about this eyepiece not fitting the new Leica scope but there are an enormous number of 77 users out there (me for one) and this eyepiece is indeed very sought after since it fits both the Televid 77 and 62.

The last one I saw on eBay just a few weeks ago went for around £280 and it was the older style without the locking pin which is the same as mine.

If it weren't such an amazing optic then I might just have been tempted ;-)

Karl

Thanks Len and KarlB :)

I know very little about this EP and i cant find anything on it that i could discribe as a locking pin so not of the newer type.

Karl your reply is most encouraging :t:, showing its still sought after and a decent price.
So on that info I think it's worth listing on ebay, starting at £100 wouldnt be unreasonable then Karl? :smoke:

Jon

I think opening at £100 would be fair, especially if it has all original packing and is unmarked/as new, as you say. I'm a Leica 62 user and the lens fits both the 77 and 62 models, as Karl says. I did manage to find a brand new one through a retailer and had to shell out £350.

Again, as Karl says, they are still sought after by 62/77 users and they always sell well on a certain auction site!

The later models with the locking pin were also improved optically over earlier models, but you shouldn't have much trouble selling it. As you're obviously a member, why not advertise it on the Bird Forum 'classifieds'?

LL

I think an opening bid of £100 is perfectly fair and I see no reason why it should not sell for a good deal more.

It is a superb eyepiece for a truly excellent scope and i would never part with mine as it has given me years of faultless service.

Karl

It has no marks on the class that i can see, it is also unmarked on the outside.
It has both caps and the proper pouch.

The classifieds on here is good idea but i'll have to come up with a price to suit...not needed with an auction site,starting price and hope :-O

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back