• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Butterfly Count 2015 (1 Viewer)

markpie

United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just done the Big Butterfly Count for this year, so thought I'd post what I saw, please feel free to add your own sightings.

I did mine in the same place as last year, a nice quiet spot in the town by the river with lots of long grass and shrubs. Nobody walks along this little path so it gives me the best chance to watch and identify everything as I'm no expert.

This is what I saw:

1 Speckled Wood
1 Brown Argus
2 Peacocks
3 Gatekeepers
1 Meadow Brown
1 Holly Blue
4 Small Whites
6 Large Whites
1 Comma
1 Ringlet

Saw many other insects including a variety of crickets and a couple of things I've never seen before.

Thanks for reading.

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back