• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New newsagent monthly birds collection? (1 Viewer)

Quacker

Sorry to be so vague.

Just returned from a vacation to Geneva and travelling Switzerland by rail. Just before I left, I saw ads on TV about something to do with birds with part 1 on sale at £2.99 and regular price £6.99 (or similar) I then disappeared for 5 days and never heard of it since.

I asked at WHS at Newcastle airport before I flew, but they'd heard of it, but not stocking it yet.

Can anyone confirm I saw this and furnish me with any further detail? - I believe each episode may have a CD/DVD ROM.

Thanks

Steve

steve
looking at the adverts they seem to be primarily aimed at the young birdwatcher or maybe someone who is a casual birder.
i havent looked at the magazines so cant tell you anymore - but you werent imagining it.
nigel

Cheers Nigel. The other half bought it for me yesterday when I was out birding. You are quite correct, and it was donated to an 8 year old. Initial price £2.99 but the £6.99 "normal" price seems steep for youngsters.

The DVD was high quality, but once again why use DVD to put less than an hours worth of material, indeed probably nearer 30 mins. DVD's can hold many hours of decent quality images.

Still, it would have been something I'd have liked as a child.....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back