• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Q (1 Viewer)

Karim Madoya

Hi all digiscopers.
I would like to have some knowledge from you all if anyone has taken
bird images from this expensive camera LEICA Q or how would be you imagine
the image quality out of this camera because this camera has menu in it to set
for DIGISCOPING. I quess that no one has ever try this camera for digiscoping yet.
Thank you.

When I first read about the camera, I also thought that must be a good one for digiscoping. The fact that Leica included a scene mode for digiscoping also indicates that the camera should be suitable for that.

However, due to the price, this is probably rarely done. I guess most birders would prefer to spend 5000 € on a decent DSLR oder mf4 and 400 mm lens, rather than a digiscoping camera.

In case you own this Leica Q, a question: this digiscoping mode, what kind of settings does this contain?

When I first read about the camera, I also thought that must be a good one for digiscoping. The fact that Leica included a scene mode for digiscoping also indicates that the camera should be suitable for that.

However, due to the price, this is probably rarely done. I guess most birders would prefer to spend 5000 € on a decent DSLR oder mf4 and 400 mm lens, rather than a digiscoping camera.

In case you own this Leica Q, a question: this digiscoping mode, what kind of settings does this contain?

I think there is no setting to be set and is set automatically in auto except that only focusing that you have to do on spotting scope. As I experience on scene mode like macro only in situation low light or just moderate lighting is good but in the bright light image is over expose. So I quess it is the same to this Leica Q.
Hope just for knowledge, would have a chance to ask from those who own it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back