• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A good non-birding day (1 Viewer)

weather

Pirate name: Poncy Henry Goodfellow
I didn't have any plans to go birding today, but turned out to be pretty productive even without leaving the house. My wife found a Great-horned Owl while out getting some fast food. We then had a Cooper's Hawk in the tree in our backyard, and now we have an Eastern Screech Owl sitting on our waterfall in the back yard.

Mike

Hi Mike
Envy....envy....envy
To get an Owl in your backyard. That would be my dream come true.
Not bothered what species just a living breathing owl.
Til then i'll have to make do with my plastic Little Owl. :storm:

Thanks! Now there's more excitement. I went out again to take a few more pics, and a couple of squirrels have discovered it...

I have managed to whistle in Screech Owls to my yard a few times but to get one perched up during the day that's just brilliant. I love the pic where the squirrel looks ready to pounce on it.

Luke

Wow, what great photos, Mike! I'd die and go to heaven to see an owl of any species around here. I love your fountain. Did you make it yourself? (My favorite thing is the fish-on-a-stick -- made me do a double-take!)

Katy Penland said:
Wow, what great photos, Mike! I'd die and go to heaven to see an owl of any species around here. I love your fountain. Did you make it yourself? (My favorite thing is the fish-on-a-stick -- made me do a double-take!)

Thanks, Katy! The waterfall is store bought. I have trouble making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back