Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon Coolpix 5000

Old Saturday 22nd February 2003, 16:38   #1
Fab

Nikon Coolpix 5000

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the site, and came here because I saw a digiscope pic from Andy at another site and fell in love with the idea. I don't have a scope nor the slighest idea about them, but the idea is fascinating.
My Coolpix's lens moves out when the camera is turned on so I would like to know if it's viable for digiscoping and what kind of equipment (not too expensive) would be necessary.
I thank you in advance for any info,
Fab
Old Saturday 22nd February 2003, 16:53   #2
Reader

I am not capable of answering your question. I am just amazed that you have taken such quality close up shots without the aid of a scope. How on earth have you done it?
Old Saturday 22nd February 2003, 16:56   #3
mymantra

Fab-
first of all you need the Nikon adapter for additional lenses the UR-E6, I believe. This is like a tube that surrounds the lens after it extends, and it also provides the 28mm thread that so many of the digiscoping adapters provide. Then you'll need anadapter that screws onto that and attaches to the scope. I made mine myself. Then, of course, youll need a scope !
Old Saturday 22nd February 2003, 17:18   #4
Fab

Thank you for your reply, will look into a scope first. I currently use a 170-500mm telephoto zoom, but a lot of my pics were taken with a 75-300. Birds in the Everglades are very placid, not too scared if you don't make a lot of noise and there's lots of them, not only in the National Park ponds, but along the roads, you drive around and stop the car when you see them. They don't care about you. You can also get good alligator shots that way.

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: