Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New database on Vintage Binoculars Models & Brands by Trademark

Old Thursday 3rd May 2018, 18:38   #1
bigfield

New database on Vintage Binoculars Models & Brands by Trademark

While researching binoculars brands for my binoculars research website/ virtual binoculars museum, I spent time slogging through the resources of many of the world's trademark (intellectual property) agencies. Lots of people inquire about the older or less common binoculars brands and models they may see or acquire secondhand, so it made sense to make it a project to organize trademark information into an easily accessed public binoculars research database resource (and one not limited to the miniature patterns). Currently the section "DATA BINOCULARS BRANDS" on the website www.miniaturebinoculars.com offers documentation on 651 binoculars brand names and binoculars model names that were trademarked anywhere in the world, along with the trademark number; the country where the trademark was filed; the trademark owner; when the trademark was filed; sometimes the claimed date of first commercial usage of the name prior to the trademark being filed; and when the trademark expired or was cancelled or if it is still active.This effort is oriented to vintage binoculars data (prior to 2006 or so). A lot of the obscure binoculars of the 1950's and of the 1960's and of pre WWII were never trademarked, but this project still offers a wealth of research information on vintage binoculars. The companion project is to scan and display the collection's vintage binoculars catalogs and this now offers 45 mostly 1950's-1970's catalogs with binoculars and 569 scanned catalog pages of vintage binoculars in the sections "RESEARCH MATERIALS #1" and "RESEARCH MATERIALS #2" on www.miniaturebinoculars.com
Old Thursday 3rd May 2018, 20:34   #2
elkcub
BF Supporter 2019

WOW! That's a fantastic website!

Many thanks for your efforts.

Ed

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 3rd May 2018, 21:13   #3
Binastro

Yes,
I used it when researching miniature binoculars.

My first binocular, perhaps 1960s, was a miniature 7x23 Nipole from Charles Frank that I used for many years, taking it on many journeys here and abroad.
Old Friday 4th May 2018, 16:47   #4
black crow

Those are pretty amazing. What a cool website. I have a concert going friend who would appreciate this.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: