• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just my luck! (1 Viewer)

Paul Rule

CP4500 arrived today at exactly the same time as my CDROM drive decides to stop working (although Windows tells me it is fine), so am unable to load any software.

Plan "B" is to load it on my work laptop. Software loads no problem however the driver wont. Hardware Wizard finds it ok starts to load it, then gives the following message.

"An error occured durring installation

The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance"

Now this could be down to the build of my laptop or something to due with my admin rights on this machine, but I'm somewhat worried as both machines are running Windows 2000.

Anyone out there had experience of connecting a CP to a Windows 2000 machine, if so how was it for you?

If your laptop is typical of of business machines it is quite likely that you will not be able to install the software properly without admin level rights, because you are installing drivers which operate within the operating system and most IT Depts do not want users doing this sort of thing. Actually, most IT Depts think they would function much better without users altogether (user is a 4 letter word).

Methinks you are right Robin.
I Installed new CD-R Drive in home machine this evening and had no problem installing software or driver. All I need now is to figure out the camera operations and start to produce some pictures

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back