• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ed's thread (2 Viewers)

Oh yes - I see where you're coming from although I adore the first version (I like to see my suf from my scrofa, ya know waht I mean!). You do this a dis-service if you don't make a painting from it, you know. (No pressure, like).

Oh that's a great pig! The pootered version looks, to me, almost like an etching, could be some further digital experiments there?..

Woody

Thanks all- that got more of a reaction than I expected! Big moment for son and I - we had talked about catching up with a really big wild boar for years and years, and this one we finally got from a hide a couple of hours after sunset.

Next up some bird pics hopefully- but I have sworn off digipainting for a bit so there may be lull whilst I go through the pencil chewing and paper stretching stage.

Hello all- managed to nip out to the coast for some surreal Little Auk moments earlier this week, including this one flying directly into the path of a rainbow and others flying with starlings, into walls etc..

Attachments

• q 8 799 2laukrainbow copy copy.jpg
    q 8 799 2laukrainbow copy copy.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 153
With Ed's permission,

I'm posting a couple of photos of a pencil drawing he sold me (at a VERY good price!) when we were still at school. I think he was about 17 when he did this, and I still marvel at the pencilmanship!

This still hits the mark for me after many many years.

Dave

PS Sorry about the reflection - it's reflective glass so difficult to get a good shot.

Attachments

• Goshawk.jpg
    Goshawk.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Goshawk head.jpg
    Goshawk head.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 133
Good grief...even with your thoughtful advance warning, it comes as a bit of a surprise. I do just about remember this- approx 1978 vintage, I guess.

No confusing it with a Sparrowhawk, that's for sure.

Thanks for that Dave - look at the feather tracts, really well done. That's an area I just can't get right even now at the age of - er, 27!!!
I'm sure the price tag has elevated, too.

Lovely drawing, to think you were drawing this when I was just 4 years of age;)

You are all too nice. I got some long-handled bristly brushes for my birthday (last week- still nothing in the post from Tim) and thus far have produced something that looks like it was painted by someone who was just 4 years of age..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back