• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird expert in Antarctica drama (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

It is an incredible story and unbelievable story. I am headed to antarctica in two weeks and have had lots of phone calls about this sinking. Thankfully everybody is fine and on their way home already. While the Nord Norge is getting most of the credit, the Explorer crew and staff, the National Geographic Endeavor (first ship to arrive), the other ships that turned and made to the site are all due thanks. The Argentine and Chile forces have offered air support and housing on King George Island.

I heard the voyage of was called the Spirit of Schacklton, I am sure everybody has a new appreciation of the man after sitting in an uncovered boat for five hours.

I wonder what Mrs Flood means when she "wants to speak to him at length"?

Ive told you before about these trips they're nothing but worry for me and now look I knew this would happen I suppose you'll say lightning never strikes twice and just take that smile off your face you and your birds it runs between you and your wits.....

Glad everybody's all right.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back