• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ian Botham hammers the RSPB (1 Viewer)

Do you want the truth? It is usual Daily Mail heaven - tripe. A lot of the over exageration that we saw last year from these jokers and also very Trumpesque.

Ofcourse, there is some truth in some of the points Botham makes but the way they are sensationalised takes away the point to my mind. Typically the muppets that swallow this sort of hype are the ones that make the decisions, the biggest decision in the history of the modern world being one example.

Do you want the truth? It is usual Daily Mail heaven - tripe. A lot of the over exageration that we saw last year from these jokers and also very Trumpesque.

Ofcourse, there is some truth in some of the points Botham makes but the way they are sensationalised takes away the point to my mind. Typically the muppets that swallow this sort of hype are the ones that make the decisions, the biggest decision in the history of the modern world being one example.

Talk about bitter, only you could find a way to bring Brexit in to this post, aren't there rules about staying on topic?

At least I assume you mean Brexit and not the decision to give Kevin Nolan the job at Notts County?

And of course no one on this forum would dream of having a "personal agenda"!

The more hammering the RSPB and indeed RSPCA get the better. They need to be fully accountable as do those Organisations that Botham is clearly linked to by his passion for shooting.

LGM

And of course no one on this forum would dream of having a "personal agenda"!

LGM

I don't think it was unfair of me to point out, for those that don't know, where Mr Botham's interests lie.

Anyway, as I said in my edit in the OP, I think I was mislead in to thinking this is a new article.

A

Talk about bitter

Very...

As you mention Brexit, firstly, glad you recognise the significance of it and secondly, Botham was one of the staunch supporters, as were the Daily Mail. But he was also very anti the grouse moors petition. In fact most things he does are fairly obnoxious - including some of his cricket commentary (theoretically his area of expertise).

Brexit was indeed one of the clear examples to support my comment that this paper makes sensationalist headlines and articles so therefore relevant!

As for the content of the RSPB bashing - they have defended their position and clearly responded to the majority of points. The worst being the pension deficit where, as predicted, change in interest rates have seen massive improvement in the deficit. The mail have made it their mission to attack charities and other organisations with pension deficits despite having a deficit in the 00's of millions! Obviously that stays out of their paper...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back