• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 400mm f2.8 II array (1 Viewer)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Not quite too sure which forum to post this in, but figured there might be a few stargazers here who would appreciate it, even if it's mostly set up for the reverse! - using astro gear to photograph terrestrially .....
dragonfly_48-4.jpeg
A "dragonfly" array of 24! count them! Canon 400mm f2.8L II lenses with the important SWC (although I think other manufacturer's Nano coat technologies might be just as good?) are used to spot difficult to photograph cosmic phenomena .... way to spend quarter of a million buck$!

https://m.dpreview.com/news/6196210...nses-helped-astronomers-discover-new-galaxies

Perhaps some of you DIY nutters on here might get some ideas???

Chosun :gh:

Last edited:
I did some calc and it seems that this setup is equivalent to a f/0.1 lens?!!
Could that be correct?
Not possible to build a single lens that fast I guess...

The dragonfly array to get an upgrade ..... that's a whole stack of 'L' glass .... !

Chosun 🙅‍♀️

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back