• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rose Breasted Grosbeaks,Carrollton (1 Viewer)

That is awesome! I’m in Linden AL and this year we had more than we ever had too! I always look forward to them coming! I had 3 males and 2 females (one was partially leucistic). They stayed for about 10 days, they all left 2 days ago, except for one of the females. I’m baffled by this. Have you ever heard of one staying behind? I’m hoping that nothing has happened to her mate/male that was always on or around the feeder with her and she is staying here waiting on him. Just curious if this was normal or not as I’ve never noticed one staying before.

That is awesome! I’m in Linden AL and this year we had more than we ever had too! I always look forward to them coming! I had 3 males and 2 females (one was partially leucistic). They stayed for about 10 days, they all left 2 days ago, except for one of the females. I’m baffled by this. Have you ever heard of one staying behind? I’m hoping that nothing has happened to her mate/male that was always on or around the feeder with her and she is staying here waiting on him. Just curious if this was normal or not as I’ve never noticed one staying before.

Ours left about the same time, except I believe the males left first. I saw two females yesterday, no males.

Thank you for replying! I’m glad to hear that, I was worried. She is still around, I saw her at the feeder a few minutes ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back