• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

digital binocular camera (1 Viewer)

Yamato

Hello
Is there anyone who has experience with the Meade Captureview types
This looks like something usefull for quick photo's in the field.
Also much less expensive than a digiscoping equipment.

Greetz Yamato

Attachments

• meade binocam.jpg
    meade binocam.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 223
Yamato said:
Hello
This looks like something useful for quick photo's in the field.
Greetz Yamato

Perhaps, but you wont yet get the quality and resolution you now get from Digiscoping. Though i am sure will come.

Also much less expensive than a Digiscoping equipment.

Greetz Yamato

Indeed, but with less resolution/pixels/detail/quality prints.
You are talking record shots only at best.

Rich

Last edited:
Yamato said:
Hello
Greetz Yamato
Yes, I have...and I'm still receiving therapy. Possibly the worst designed item I have ever had in my hands, the performance didn't quite match the design quality :-C
At least subsequant digibinos can only be an improvement.

Yamato,think twice before you buy.See if you can have a trial.When you think how much a decent scope/binoculars can cost,then add the cost of a compatible digi camera,plus neccessary accessories,then look at the price of these camera bins!!.No comparison is there?.
Also,sometimes it is difficult to hold binoculars steady when trying to focus,so imagine how difficult to hold the bins/camera unit steady and take a decent picture.
As Andy has mentioned,in time they may improve,but I think at the moment they are a no-go area.
Christine.

OK thanks for the comments,
Now I made up my mind and will buy the Leica what makes pure quality for money.
All your comments went straight into the same direction i had expected.

Greetz Yamato

I was just looking at a Bushnell camera/bin today and wondering if I should buy it, but all your comments told me that I shouldn't waste my money on one. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back