• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Wuhan, China, area bird for ID (1 Viewer)

vbennison

This was out behind a gas station near Wuhan. There were a bunch of common magpies flying around foraging and I took a photo of this guy. I thought he was another magpie until I blew up the photo. Now I'm not sure. No white, and the head looks inordinately large. Any help? Thanks!! - Vick

Attachments

• 5H6A4657.jpg
    5H6A4657.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 57
Looking back at the raw file I realize that whereas I thought the bird was sitting on low vegetation, I can see now that he's on top of a tall weed (see photo). So he's smaller than I thought, and drongo sounds right. Thanks!
- Vick

Attachments

• 5H6A4657_1.jpg
    5H6A4657_1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 36
Looking back at the raw file I realize that whereas I thought the bird was sitting on low vegetation, I can see now that he's on top of a tall weed (see photo). So he's smaller than I thought, and drongo sounds right. Thanks!
- Vick
The other bird in that picture is a Tree Sparrow (just in case you were wondering).

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back