• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lightroom problems (1 Viewer)

katholdbird

Hi All dose anyone out there use Lightroom cc, I am trying to sort out 1,000s of photos which involves lots and lots of deleting. I know you can go through and mark with an x then select and delete but I would like to select batches and delete the lot. If I select a load then mark with the x it still only deletes 1 photo even though I have selected lots, sorry if I have not explained myself very well but i am tearing my hair out lol Cheers Kath:eek!:

Hi Kath,

I've just tried to select and delete three images from Lightroom, and it worked fine. When I hit the delete button (I'm using a Macbook Pro), I get a dialogue box asking if I just want to remove the images from Lightroom or remove them from the disk.

By tagging an image with the X, are you not just, in effect, marking that as an image you don't wish to keep? I don't know what system you're using, so maybe yours work differently to mine.

Try selecting several images by using Shift-click and then, without using the X key, just hit delete, and see if that works.

Malcolm

IMO deleting in lightroom takes too long, but then I haven't found a VERY rapid solution for quick review and delete. If anyone does know, please advise. I take 2000 images most field days and it takes (far) too long to delete.

cheers, alan

Thanks Mair after a lie down and several cups of coffee I have found what I was doing wrong I was selecting the photos in the filmstrip mode you must select in the grid mode then hit the backspace button and it works. Lewis20126, like you I take 1,000s of shots at once so have loads of duplicate images just select a load while in the grid mode hit the backspace button and you can delete as many as you select, easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back