• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabela's Instinct Euro HD/Meopta S2 (1 Viewer)

peterginsburg

As has been pointed out these two scopes appear to be virtually identical, but there is at least one difference apart from the badging. Perhaps I missed it in other threads but the Cabela's version comes only with the 20-70 zoom eyepiece and it is fixed, not attached with a bayonet fitting. It is available in either the straight or angled version but in either case is quite long which might present problems when traveling. I have the Cabela's version and found, opposed to other postings here, that the focus is very smooth and easy, easily a match for the Swarovski. The zoom however is quite tight. I had the opportunity to compare it in the field recently and found its performance to equal or excel the many other scopes there. I did not see a Swaro ATX with which to compare.

Peter

Wow, that fixed eyepiece is news to me. The bayonet release button is right below the eyepiece and beneath the armor. Not too obvious. It's not there??

As for 20-70x, I assumed that was because Cabelas caters to hunters who like higher mags generally.

Mark

No, it's not there. I called Cabela's to confirm it was fixed. And, yes, I also assume that the 20-70x caters to the hunters desires.
Peter

The Cabela's Instinct Euro HD spotting scope by Meopta is the same opto-mechanical design as the MeoStar S2 with the above mentioned differences being in; badging, a fixed eyepiece (no push-release button for the bayonet connection) and only with a 20-70x eyepiece. The focus is set to the same tolerances on both scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back