• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Long-tailed skua in Liverpool Bay (1 Viewer)

smokeyblue

smokeyblue
Spotted today on the RSPB's Liverbird cruise on the Mersey Ferry into Liverpool Bay. Lifetime tick for nearly all of the 300 people on board.

Full list for the cruise:

Arctic Skua
Arctic Tern
Black-headed Gull
Common Gull
Common Tern
Cormorant
Fulmar
Great Black-backed Gull
Greenshank
Guillemot
Herring Gull
Kittiwake
Knot
Little Gull
Long-tailed Skua
Sandwich Tern
Shag
Turnstone

I was there too!

Hi Smokeyblue!

I won first prize on the raffle, the prize was a basket of bird food and feeders. I had a great day, you forgot to mention the black tern and the peregrines. Hope you had a good day.

Happy birding. :bounce:

Kajrowe

P.S. I was the redheaded boy at the front of the boat

Last edited:
Hi Kajrowe

kajrowe said:
Hi Smokeyblue!

I won first prize on the raffle, the prize was a basket of bird food and feeders. I had a great day, you forgot to mention the black tern and the peregrines. Hope you had a good day.

Happy birding. :bounce:

Kajrowe

P.S. I was the redheaded boy at the front of the boat

Glad you enjoyed the cruise.

You are quite right about the other two birds - I was the organiser and I was busy when they were sighted. I thought if I listed them it looked as though I had seen them. I saw the peregrines on the previous cruise, but I would have liked to have ticked the black tern.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back