• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

African raptor ID (1 Viewer)

PELICAN CROSSING said:
hi katy
can you leave this with me,
its not a juv Bateleur, nor a juv Long-crested Eagle thanks js

Hi JS,

Could you let us in on the secret then?

Tom

Tom Tarrant said:
Hi Katy,

On the gallery I went with juv Bateleur.....can I change that to juv Long-crested Eagle? Head is far too small for Bateleur.

Tom
hi tom
this is a long crested eagle is this the bird you seen in uganda.

Attachments

• long-cres_e.jpg
    long-cres_e.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 85
Hi there,

This certainly looks like a Wahlberg's Eagle to me. Small Aquila with a definite hint of a crest. They are also extremely variable in colour, but the overall shape seems to fit.

Kind Regards
Trevor

Trevor Hardaker said:
Hi there,

This certainly looks like a Wahlberg's Eagle to me. Small Aquila with a definite hint of a crest. They are also extremely variable in colour, but the overall shape seems to fit.

Kind Regards
Trevor
well done trevor spot on :clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back