• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Storm Damage at Faro Airport (1 Viewer)

Mick Sway

United Kingdom
Some acquaintances recently returned a day late from the Algarve on account of extensive storm damage to the passenger area at Faro the other day.
Although I gather that flights are back to normal it was quite scary.
Click here for further info.
Best
Mick

Yes, all is back to normal now as the gale force (8) winds from the northwest are dying down now. Tomorrow is forecast at Bf 3-4 so the little birds should be more visible. I found a Yellow-browed Warbler on Tuesday just before the bad weather - and not meaning to be morbid but maybe this weather has (or/and) - kept any migrants on the ground / made vagrant passerines stop flying out southwest and force a landfall in Portugal.

Out tomorrow around Sagres so I wish.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back