• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding around Bognor (1 Viewer)

GiG

United Nations
I may be spending a few days in Bognor Regis soon and would like to know where to go birding in the area. Preferably not far, by walking or using public transport.

Many thanks Gi

Hi Gi

Pagham Harbour: you can get a bus to Pagham, walk along Church Lane which brings you out to the wall (there is a latest sightings board there). Alternatively, walk through the caravan sight towards the lagoon and follow the path out to the harbour, there is a hide at the end. Walk across the shingle for sea-watching.

Get the Selsey bus which passes the nature reserve visitor centre, and Church Norton. This bus will also go through Mundham where there is access to the Chichester Gravel Pits.

I've some other ideas but but need to think about the public transport bit.

Hope this helps so far.

D

Back with another Gi

Bus/train to Littlehampton, walk up the river to Arundel then bus/train back to Bognor

D

My local RSPB Group is visiting Pagham Harbour on Sun. 19th March. We know the area as it is been a venue we have visited many times before. It will be the standard Pagham walk i.e. start at the Visitor Centre walk to Church Norton and the sea and back again.

As anyone worth their salt knows a regular 'patch' birder will always know the best places to visit and the birds that are around at the time (my own regular patch is the Lee Valley Park, well known for good views of bitterns and smew).

If you are a regular Pagham Harbour birder would you mind supplying me with up-to-date information nearer the 19th on what is about or perhaps even spend an hour or so showing our group around.

Thank you

Michael Oakland said:
My local RSPB Group is visiting Pagham Harbour on Sun. 19th March. We know the area as it is been a venue we have visited many times before. It will be the standard Pagham walk i.e. start at the Visitor Centre walk to Church Norton and the sea and back again.

As anyone worth their salt knows a regular 'patch' birder will always know the best places to visit and the birds that are around at the time (my own regular patch is the Lee Valley Park, well known for good views of bitterns and smew).

If you are a regular Pagham Harbour birder would you mind supplying me with up-to-date information nearer the 19th on what is about or perhaps even spend an hour or so showing our group around.

Thank you

Hi Michael - I've sent you a PM. I'll be there the week prior to your visit.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back