• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (1 Viewer)

Not posted for a long time here ... partly because no birds to report.

Up at the field however we do have a Robin which will take food from your hand (you have to be careful when having lunch - it will try to steal it a la seagulls and chips at the beach).

Not posted for a long time here ... partly because no birds to report.

Up at the field however we do have a Robin which will take food from your hand (you have to be careful when having lunch - it will try to steal it a la seagulls and chips at the beach).

Bit of a Robbin B*****D! then...:eek!:

Having a bit of a purple patch....sky watching out of a wall to wall blue at 9.25am, If memory serves, only my 3rd ever Rook (with bare parts beautifully lit) flying South.....no.74.

On yer tail H. ;)

Even I don't believe it!!!....On a very grey start to the morning after an hour at the ''watchtower''... euphemism for bedroom window, a Swallow heading South at 8.19am was the catalyst for a quick shower. A few minutes later whilst slipping on some togs, I noted a very ''small'' pale chiffy ''front on'' hovering for a nanosecond over the Ivy before disappearing into the dense Sycamore. Moments later it shot out across the garden into the Sallow.....I still don't believe it....no.75 :eek!:

Attachments

• P1380645.jpeg  YB 4..jpg
    P1380645.jpeg YB 4..jpg
    275 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Been forgetting to update:

37 Meadow Pipit - a few flying over S last month when everyone down at the coast was having hundreds over

38 Redwing - couple of flocks (total ~40) over W couple of days ago

I was walking at dog when I saw Black Woodpecker from couple hundred meter from home. When I got home I stayed at yard and it didn't take many minutes when I heard it:

#63. Black Woodpecker - First one from my garden. Hopefully I can saw it some day also.

About 10 minutes after Black Woody I heard familiar voices and when I looked up:

#64. Bohemian Waxwing - They are here in South now. (Yeah, I know... I'm not South from your perspective. |:D| Atleast most of you.)

Waxwings, Cranes, Redwings and Yellow-browed Warbler, the thread has gone all autumnal/wintry. Here it's still mixed, with Black Redstarts, Chiffchaffs and Blackcap singing (occasionally), but a noticeable arrival of Robins, 5 together in the neigbours' vegetable plot all happily feeding in peace, until number 6, presumably the resident bird, started trying to see them off, an impossible task so it soon gave up.

I was walking at dog when I saw Black Woodpecker from couple hundred meter from home. When I got home I stayed at yard and it didn't take many minutes when I heard it:

#63. Black Woodpecker - First one from my garden. Hopefully I can saw it some day also.

About 10 minutes after Black Woody I heard familiar voices and when I looked up:

#64. Bohemian Waxwing - They are here in South now. (Yeah, I know... I'm not South from your perspective. |:D| Atleast most of you.)

Two great garden birds, W!

Of course, I get a bit parochial at times!
Gregor in Brisbane will be getting his summer visitors now I suppose?
Jos, which species arrive chez toi from now into the winter?

After a couple of cloudy/rainy days a beautiful sunny morning and a clear blue sky meant some raptor migration action for me: 35 Honey Buzzard so far for no. 40!

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back