• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crossfire HD (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hi, has anyone had or got the Vortex Crossfire HD 10x42 binoculars & what do you think of them, priced at £179 or thereabouts & the style look good but just want to know what they’re like in the field.

Sean

Hey I’m trying to find out what I have here the only description I’ve found says Campbell Hamburg gegr 1816 and then multoskop 8x60 ww are these good binoculars?

Hi, has anyone had or got the Vortex Crossfire HD 10x42 binoculars & what do you think of them, priced at £179 or thereabouts & the style look good but just want to know what they’re like in the field.

Sean

Hello Sean,

I thought by now you might have had some comments from some that have a closer look than I have. I've really only done a quick side by side with the Diamondback HD on the Vortex stand at a couple of Birdfairs and I picked up the 8x not the 10x. For what it's worth I much preferred the Diamondback. The regular price is higher than the Crossfire, but it looks like it can be found for under £200 if you shop around.

David

Hi, well I went for the crossfire & can say they have blown me away, the clarity, colour, sharpness throughout are immense. I love em... jobs a gud un!

Greetings,
So, which Crossfire did you wind up purchasing (there are many)?
I have been looking longingly at the 10x50 version (a 10x50 with 7ft close focus?@?@? Wow!) And we can get 'em in the states for under$150 these days (I've paid more for dinner!)
Let me know what you got (remember we looove reviews here!)

Good Seeing...

*** PSA *** Today on Amazon, all Vortex Crossfire HD binoculars are on sale for $139!
Question: Does anyone have experience with the 10x50's? Are they worth an impulse buy???

I picked up a pair of Crossfire HD 10x50s to complement my trusty Swarovski pocket 10x25. I've only had the chance to use them out of an office window so far but first impressions are good.

As long as no one expects Crossfire HDs to actually contain HD/ED/whatever-fancy-name elements, because an email exchange with Vortex cleared that up for me: neither the Crossfire nor the Diamondback series have ED glass elements in their HDs. It's just marketing-speak. I guess they think it sounds cool ... like current Mustang V8s being 'sound tuned' to sound like a can of rusty nails - unlike that wonderful burble from the oversquare V8s of yesteryear (Bullitt anyone?).

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back