• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seemingly the bird of the moment.. (1 Viewer)

What a crackin' few sheets of sketches! I especially love the preener, not a pose or angle many would attempt I suspect but you've captured it superbly.

Mike

well now I think WTP has just gone to the top of my wanted list! Why didn't I do the 5 hour drive last year to see the one that spent all summer in central France (sometimes in company of a Sociable Plover). There'll be one waiting for me tomorrow!

Hey, Ads, I see you're still burning the night oil.

Having just spent another happy hour in the Wildlife Art Thread - thanks everyone for taking the time to post such beauty (there should be a thread just for thanks!) - I then stumbled upon your website link.
I've seen many of the paintings before - but the Alpine Accentor just blew me away!

I hope you made a lot of money on that sale, mate - and I'm jealous of the buyer - wish I'd seen it first!

H

Go on H, commission another ;) - I've improved now!!! And just got back from the Picos with reams of accentor ideas.....!

Well b*gger me - I wa just enjoying your fabulous new website and it closes for routine maintenance. You could have warned me first, Ads! Seriously - it looks superb mate and H is spot-on; the accentor is a real beaut! I'll be back to scour the sketches later.
Congrats - it's excellent.

Apologies mate! My little brother's the mastermind behind it and was proving to me 'he has the power now'.....oh dear, can feel a beating a-happening soon!! Actually, best not - at least until I've changed the admin passwords I guess....! :-O

I feel your pain of setting up a website! Trying to redo mine and it's like running through treacle! Yours is looking good though, template based may be the way to go.

(Glad to see I'm not the only one painting Harris' hawks!)

Mike

I feel your pain of setting up a website! Trying to redo mine and it's like running through treacle! Yours is looking good though, template based may be the way to go.

(Glad to see I'm not the only one painting Harris' hawks!)

Mike

Never get bored of Harris Hawks! Always wanted to put a flying one into the empty space but a photo of the girl with the bird went in instead...oh well. Might just paint one and photoshop it onto there as it does bug me!!
As to building websites....hmmmmm, my brother's got a lot more patience than me is all I can say on that! I tend to just shout louder, swear more and bash my mouse harder (no, that's not a euphamism!:-O) and then usually just call him up to fix whatever I've done wrong.....

Trying something a little different. Going for a 'tarted-up' page from a sketchbook feel. I offset the colour detailing so I can fill in the empty spaces with graphite and colour-washed sketches. Which ones to put there I haven't quite decided.....worry about that towards the end of the week!

African Paradise-Fly WIP (Large).jpgAfrican Paradise-Fly WIP (1) (Large).jpgAfrican Paradise-Fly WIP (2) (Large).jpg

think I prefer the bigger white wing-patches actually......

Kinda 'wow' those 'tarted up' sketches....[and yes...the larger white wing patches work well]...

Beautiful stuff....[as expected]...!:t:

Is this getting framed for the weekend, Ads? It looks a cert for inclusion if so - lovely piece of work showing great design and dextrously handled textures. Look forward to seeing the completed piece.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back