• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iPod repeat play for bird songs? (1 Viewer)

RandySea

I've been putting bird songs on a new iPod Nano that I just bought. Using iTunes, it doesn't take a lot of memory. However, there are two problems so far.

1. At least some of the CDs have no lookup on the Internet for track names. So this means a tedious process of manually putting in every bird name. It would be nice if the publishers of bird song CDs did what song publishers do as a matter of course.

2. When I choose a bird song to play, I want it either to stop after one play or to repeat continuously until I manually stop it. I don't ever (in the field) want the player to go to the next bird song. I can see how to do this in an iTunes playlist at the PC, but I can't see any way to save this kind of playlist option to the iPod. Ideally, since I also have music album playlists, I'd like to be able to have those albums advance normally from one song to the next, but my bird song playlists go manually.

Any help for #2?

lookup is possible

I put my CDs in and they actually had a reference for all the song titles downloaded from the internet (converted to MP3 and put ID3 tags on them all). I am not sure of the version I have but I will look tonight. Email me direct at ktjensen(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will let you know what version of songs I have from what CDs.

RandySea said:
I've been putting bird songs on a new iPod Nano that I just bought. Using iTunes, it doesn't take a lot of memory. However, there are two problems so far.

1. At least some of the CDs have no lookup on the Internet for track names. So this means a tedious process of manually putting in every bird name. It would be nice if the publishers of bird song CDs did what song publishers do as a matter of course.

2. When I choose a bird song to play, I want it either to stop after one play or to repeat continuously until I manually stop it. I don't ever (in the field) want the player to go to the next bird song. I can see how to do this in an iTunes playlist at the PC, but I can't see any way to save this kind of playlist option to the iPod. Ideally, since I also have music album playlists, I'd like to be able to have those albums advance normally from one song to the next, but my bird song playlists go manually.

Any help for #2?

Question 2. maybe duplicate the same song three times. Put it in your playlist, and set the playlist to repeat play at the end of the playlist?

ktjensen said:
I put my CDs in and they actually had a reference for all the song titles downloaded from the internet (converted to MP3 and put ID3 tags on them all). I am not sure of the version I have but I will look tonight. Email me direct at ktjensen(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will let you know what version of songs I have from what CDs.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back