• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

how to save videos off You Tube? (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to download and save video's off You Tube? I have found some great rock music vids and want to save them (anyone seen The Zoo doing Journey covers? the singers awesome and no wonder he's now Journeys new singer, still love Steve Perry though)
Thanks
Ruth

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to download and save video's off You Tube? I have found some great rock music vids and want to save them (anyone seen The Zoo doing Journey covers? the singers awesome and no wonder he's now Journeys new singer, still love Steve Perry though)
Thanks
Ruth

I've opened a youtube folder in my favourites and just put the ones I want in there. Just right click on the one you want and add it to the relevant folder.

Hi,
Thanks for the tip, how do i save the videos onto a dvd etc? is there a way to save them and view on windows media player

You can save them on Real Player , If you have the small bar that appears on the screen and asks if you want to download or not .

You can save them on Real Player , If you have the small bar that appears on the screen and asks if you want to download or not .
Thanks Henry, I have just sorted RealPlayer is there a way to copy them off RP onto a dvd so i can watch them without the tinternet on?

Videos from youtube are in MPEG4 format. Too burn them to DVD you need to convert the MPEG4 file to DVD. There is commercial software such as ConvertXtoDVD that will do it. I have a friend that uses this and it works fine. Ther is also free software such as MediaCoder that apparently works but I have no experience of it

Thanks for all your help, I have managed to get sorted with the latest version of Realplayer for £19.00 you can save to dvds etc
Bye
Ruth

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back