• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does anyone have a house finch nest? (1 Viewer)

Carpodacantus

Carpodacantus
Dear New York bird folks,

I'm a long-time birder who recently became a PhD student in biology, and I'm now studying the gorgeous and complex singing behavior of house finches. My hope is to perform a study that tells me something about how, when and from whom they learn their songs in the wild.

Does anyone in the Westchester, upstate or Long Island areas know of a house finch nest or have one on their property? If you do and you wouldn't mind a bushy-tailed grad student doing some observations and recording in your area, please shoot me an email at fgeller(at)gc.cuny.edu. I would love to chat with you.

Thank you so much and happy birding!
Franny

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back