• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Call ID? June 2006 West Coast of Scotland (1 Viewer)

cawa

Hi all, I've just found this website while trying to identify a bird I heard in June 2006 at Carradale Bay on the west coast of Scotland. The sound file is on my website at http://cawa.co.uk/index.php?rm=24

I wonder if anyone would know what this bird is? The middle right photo on the website might not be the actual bird but it was the only one I could see in the tree.

Thanks
best wishes
Carol

Well, if you meant the most obvious one: Chaffinch, moreover at the background I heard some House sparrows Blackbird and a larger gull

Ah, thanks Des for your speedy reply. I'll update my website.
best wishes
Carol

London Birder said:
hi Carol, the song is Chaffinch but can't really make out much in the pic to confirm it's the same

Hi gerdwichers8, thanks for your reply and pointing out the other bird calls. The only one in the whole clip that I could identify was the gull because it was sitting on the Dunvalanree Hotel roof and I could see it! I'll need to listen now for the house sparrows and blackbird!!

Thanks again.
best wishes
Carol

gerdwichers8 said:
Well, if you meant the most obvious one: Chaffinch, moreover at the background I heard some House sparrows Blackbird and a larger gull

Hi Carol,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to see you have your birdsong sorted :t:

Thanks Robin, what a great resource this is.

best wishes
Carol

robinm said:
Hi Carol,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to see you have your birdsong sorted :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back