• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Computer grinding to a halt (1 Viewer)

What kind of graphics card do you have?
Have all the M/Board drivers been installed not just the ones that windows installs for you but the latest ones from the manufacturers website? This can have a big impact.

G

Hmm, I'm a bit stumped then. I had a 5600 card before and it was fairly good. I think it might be a problem with the RAM running at different speeds or something odd like that. Download Motherboard Monitor http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311
It has a diagnostic routine that will test all the major components and tell you if there is an issue.

Thanks Gareth, I wish they would hurry up and give an up-date for the 40D in phaseone C1, that doesn't seem to have any problems with 30D files, they are pretty quick in loading.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back