• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collins bird guide app (1 Viewer)

Seems that too many people have tried to reach the page and they are over some limit.

Niels

So if there is no version available yet on the android platform, what is the best alternative present in the Google Play Store?

Birds Pro

I use Birds Pro by NatureMobile on my android phone and tablet. Does not have maps but just a verbal distribution description.

Has photos and bird calls and a little info.

Colin

I've got the iPad version, but if it was on Android that would be even better, especially for out in the field. Android has upwards of 80% market share in 2015, so there's really no reason not to produce the app for that.

Does anyone know if the Collins Bird Guide app opens and works properly on an iPad Pro? (12.9inch)

I know it says compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and does not mention the iPad Pro.

I recently bought All Birds UK. It says compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and does not mention the iPad Pro. It opens, but only to the size of an iPad leaving a lot of wasted screen space.

Another app Birds of Britain Pro that I have had for years opens and works perfectly on my iPad Pro. It says compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and does not mention the iPad Pro.

I have tried to find the answer by reading any review and posts to do with Collins Bird Guide but could not find the answer.

I have also sent an email to [email protected] but have not received a reply.

I really hope someone on birdforum will know. Thank you

I have absolutely no intention of buying it, but happy to fill in details if it helps. How much is the apple version going for?

Peter the Collins Bird Guide is currently £13.49

There are also IAPs if the person chooses to add them.

In-App Purchases below...

Video Library Volume 1 - Common Birds of NW Europe. £4.49
BTO Atlas Maps Pack £2.29
Video Library Volume 2 - Less Common & Local Species. £6.99
Video Library Volume 3 £6.99
Free BTO Atlas Maps Pack Free

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back