• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lens Cell (1 Viewer)

Thanks fernando - thats put a few things in perspective. One can learn something new almost everyday here ;)

So, no need to be scared of a narrow F ratio ? Excellent :t:

Those shorter scopes are looking very promising now. Of course, i would want to use 1.5x / 2x TC with such short focal lengths as 400/430/460/500 etc, so i guess the quality of optics is going to be the major factor in a purchase.

Any thoughts on this scope here? Some reports say it uses the Intane 80mm apo triplet. Nice price too.

Paul.

I've discovered something weird on that link. You can see the 80mm ED-3 on the page.. now click on any other link on that page, then navigate your way back to the page where the 80mm ED-3 was. Its gone. The back button works of course, but if you simply try to navigate back using the sites own links, that 80ED-3 is missing

The only way i could find it again was to come here to this thread and click the link

http://www.astro-professional.com/html/ed_80mm-3.html

http://www.astro-professional.com/html/professional.html

Last edited:
Yeah, I first found that link through one of the astronomy forums where they spoke about scopes with the Intes triplet lens cell. It seems some people did buy the scope at that price, an absolute bargain.

Paul.

What we were looking at then do you think, old cached pages from that site maybe ?

Yes, what a terrific price that was - a bargain. Perhaps thats why its missing ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back